Saturday, February 16, 2008

He Walks!


It only seems fitting that on the day I decide that I should devote some time to starting a blog, my sweet little boy decides to achieve a milestone that is blog-worthy.

He Walked!

That's right, ladies and gentleman! In the midst of a terrible stomache virus, 14 month old Griffin just leaned into my stretched out arms and walked. I took a step back and he took two forward. I could hardly believe my eyes because I have been trying to get him to walk for 2 months now. That's when I squealed for Daryl to watch and it was confirmed - steps have been taken. Now I'm wondering when Griffin will realize the power that comes with being a pedestrian. When will he know that he can walk into his sister's bedroom and begin digesting Polly Pocket's clothes, Barbie's shoes or the countless other miniscule objects that were just moments ago out of his range of mobility? When will he realize that on two feet, he has a pretty good chance of catching up with Jax the dog and grabbing those ears he is so enamored with? When will he realize that those two feet are the same ones that will be carrying him off to kindergarten? It seems that I just realized that with this milestone reached, my baby is, indeed, growing up.

2 comments:

Jennifer and Brian said...

Yay G-man!!! I am so proud of you! Now you will really keep your Momma on her toes! I love your blog and cannot wait to read more! Love - Jenn

Janet said...

I just can't wait to see that guy running towards me with arms outstretched and a huge smile on his face! It doesn't get any better than that. See you Salyards soon~ Goldie.