Monday, March 10, 2008

Smokin' Crack or Pokin' Crack

So today I get a call from the Karsen's Preschool. She has just visited "the office". She was not there to show off her alphabet skills, get a birthday sticker or deliver a note for her teacher (all considered acceptable reasons for visiting the office by those residing at our house). Nope - She was in trouble. Teacher had been reading a story to all of the little boys and girls. Each and every one of the uniformed tykes were gathered around her, engaged in the story, I'm sure, when Karsen must have noticed that someone's khakis were riding a little low.
I know not everyone has the opportunity to sit at the back of a 4 year old class as often as I do so I'll just tell you - there is not enough Spackle in a good carpenters tool box to fill all the cracks you would count during story time. (Someone should definitely talk to the makers of 4-6X clothes. They simply don't fit right!)
Well Karsen apparently couldn't help herself.
She poked the crack.
And went to the office for it.
Imagine my reaction. I was called from the school because my daughter was pokin' crack. When the initial shock wore off, I had to laugh. After all, crack is funny - at least when it is creeping out the top of someone's size 5 khaki uniform pants.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

This is really funny and bizzare. I think I would be oddly drawn to poke a crack if I was four and surrounded by them.

Janet said...

Oh, Karsen! I don't know what to say~ I laughed about this forever! We were at the HPU ladies basketball game this weekend and at one point, everyone jumped up to cheer for a basket and there it was right in front of me--BIG CRACK. The man obviously didn't have the string tied on his wind pants because he jumped up and his pants scooted down. I had another BIG laugh thinking of that little finger of Karsen's just going for it right then and there!!!