Monday, September 1, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten

PrincessGirl has offically entered the world of public education. She began Kindergarten last Monday and has LOVED every minute of it. She has talked about friends and PE Gym and Music and the Library Lady and of course, her teacher! I got to see her everyday at lunch while I did Cafeteria duty. I had no idea how cool it would be to have her at my school. Not every parent gets to take their kid to work with them every day! With the start of Kindergarten, DaddyMan and I decided that she could take on another "activity" so we enrolled her in dance lessons. She is really good at it and her dance teacher requires the students to be VERY disciplined in class - no playing around. Although this may prove to be difficult for PrincesGirl, I know she will benefit from it. There was a REALLY long nap after the first day of school and tears at some point after each of the following days but all in all, it was an amazing week.

7 comments:

Rebekah said...

Hooray! Jennifer, doesn't this make you feel so "adult" when you have a kid in school???

Anonymous said...

It really is very cool to be on campus with your child, huh? It is such a day-brightener when you walk around a corner and see them smack dab in the middle of the work day!

The Robertson Family said...

She looks so cute!! Very exciting.

Anonymous said...

What a great picture. I am glad she had a great week. I am thankful you are at that school, because it was tooooooo big for her without you there. So proud of you both. Cookie

pink is the new black said...

You are the luckiest! She's so cute too! I'm loving these pictures and am looking forward to your new posts so I don't have to look at log terds on your website anymore:)

Jennifer said...

I don't like the word terd!

Sarah said...

Can you tell that I hadn't even OPENED my blog account in about two weeks?!?! Didn't know you had a new post...sorry about that!
Karsen looks adorable. It was good to get a hug from her this week.