Sunday, April 5, 2009

Is my life an episode of Last Comic Standing?

One of LittleMan's favorite things to say is, "Is dat funny?"
He will throw a ball and say, "Is dat funny?"
He'll let jello slip out of his mouth and say, "Is dat funny?"
He'll run real fast and crash into the sofa and say, "Is dat funny?"
He really wants for us to think he is funny and he's willing to try anything to get a laugh.

PrincessGirl likes to tell the knock knock jokes. She used to say ding dong instead of knock knock but since starting kindergarten, she has embraced the classic presentation. Also, she has expanded her joke repertoire. You see, before kindergarten she had but one knock knock joke. It went like this...

Knock, knock!
Whose there?
Carrot...
Carrot who?
YOU!

This little exchange was followed with great laughter on the part of PrincessGirl but the recipient of the joke was just left with a confused look on her face.

Today is a new day. She has a new knock knock joke. She told it today on our way to Furr's Cafeteria after church. It went like this...

Knock, knock!
Whose there?
A pig who jumped and threw a ball at his baby brother's head.
A pig who jumped and threw a ball at his baby brother's head who?
All the pigs in the whole barnyard!

This was followed by LOTS of laughter and PrincessGirl saying, "Now that's a funny knock knock joke!"

LittleMan said, "Is dat funny?"

We all said yes!

You see, it is all laughs around here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

And all smiles here!!!!

Love you all,

Cookie

DeAnna said...

I LOVE IT! The kindergarten knock knock jokes are great...they make no good "joke" sense, but they are actually funny. This always irks big sister around our house; especially when she hears little brother tell one of his makes-no-sense-but-it-makes-us-crack-up jokes. She so desperately wants to roll her eyes and tell him THAT WAS NOT FUNNY! But instead her tough big sister-armor usually cracks and she ends up laughing too. :-) I love being a mom, don't you?

American Momma said...

That is so adorable!! Tell her a joke My niece told me.
Why was piclet looking in the toilet?
He was looking for Pooh!
I dont know why but that is the funniest joke I have ever heard. Hope you are Having a great day!
regina

American Momma said...

oops I aparently cant spell its piglet not piclet!

Sarah said...

RANDOM! I wonder if she was wishing she were one of those pigs throwing a ball at her brother's head...
I agree with you, though...Bek's boys will tell horrible jokes that are sooooo funny. Isaac's knock knock joke always starts with...Knock, Knock. Who's there? Orange... you get the idea.

the only female Arnold said...

Boy are you in trouble that is my Ryan to a tee and although Ryan keeps me laughing he also keeps me on my toes!!! Good Luck!!!! I laughed for at least a hour though!!!!

Anonymous said...

Now dats funny stuff. Nothin' better than kids laughing to make you smile and forget the stress for a little while. :)

BTW - Sorry to be posting 'anonymously', but I forgot my password. ugh

Sara