Monday, June 9, 2008

Precious Things

After snack this afternoon, Karsen came up to me and said she had to show me something she had for me in her pocket. These things are usually "unusual woodchips" or "shiny rocks" or plastic pieces of trash that she collected at school. Today she began to pull out little dead flowers. Seven or eight of them. All different varieties. Three different colors. She said, "I collected these for you today, Mommy!" What a precious treasure - I have not only the beautiful flowers that she selected and saved just for me, but the memory that she thought of me in the midst of her busy day full of playing with friends, learning letters, using clay and glitter and glue and markers - what more could a mommy ask for?
Pictures - Typical pocket contents (found in the backpack today) and today's specially selected treasures.









1 comment:

Sarah said...

Precious indeed!! I love it! When I taught day care I would always be so touched by the kids that missed their mom and dad or thought about them during the day. I am sure Karsen's teachers know that Karsen has a very loving mommy and daddy. Packing-tape those flowers into her scrapbook and print out your blog posting.