Wednesday, May 21, 2008

So We Own a Scooter!

Texting that occured last week:


Husband - Can I have a scooter?


Wife - How much?


Husband - Not too much.


Wife - I don't care.




Within 48 hours there was a scooter in our garage.






I'm still trying to justify the whole purchase in a way that makes more sense than "the Salyards Family attempt to go green."




But is seems to make hubby happy. And at least if it ends up being just another hobby, then oh well. Perhaps our little attempt to buy less fossil fuel will have been something.




Besides that - I secretly think it is cool - though not as cool as a motorcycle.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Toot! Toot! Beep!

Rebekah said...

Is he going to ride it to work? Chris just told me that he wanted to ride his bike, across 820 and I35 traffic to work and then just "wipe off with some wipes" once he got there. I am thinking a scooter is a better idea.

Jennifer said...

Rebekah,
I highly recommend the TNG Lowboy if your husband is truly considering a Scooter purchase. Daryl spent $4 on gas this week. Last week he spent $90. It is worth it! He says that he is just as cool when he arrives at work because of the breeze he gets while riding. He would like for me to point out that he uses EXTRA gel in his hair each morning. When he arrives at work, he simply runs his hands under water and runs is fingers through his hair. This takes care of helmet hari.

Sarah said...

Okay Jennifer...we've been discussing it in the Upchurch family as well. The Salyards have started a Scooter revolution?!?! For reals, though, how much did you pay for it? Did you purchase it used or through a Scooter dealer? We all want to know!