Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Summer Things I've been thinking about

The fact that we had a 3 day weekend and had to go back to school is just NOT right! Write your state representatives and let them know that (scream it with me, now) "SCHOOL'S... OUT... FOR SUMMER" should begin prior to Memorial day!

None the less, after just a little taste of the freedom, these are things I'm looking forward to this summer:
  • Lunch and play time at Chick-fil-A with friends (wanna come?)
  • Art - complete with paint, clay, markers, chalk, all of it. We are gonna create!
  • Structured times - I've decided that the only way all 3 of us are going to make it through this summer is if I structure our time each day - time for play, outside, books, art, field trips, etc.
  • Play dates with friends (wanna come?)
  • Field trips - I'm thinking: Children's Museum, Apple Orchard, Omnimax Movie
  • Whining Wednesdays at Movie Tavern
  • Swimming at neighborhood pool
  • Cooking school at Market Street with Karsen
  • Waterpark Membership
  • Going to Target anytime I want to!
  • Naps!

If any of these things interest you, please let me know. If you're free, we can get together, unless it is nap time or we're already at Target.

PS - If you have other idea, let me know 'cause this little family needs to stay busy when we are not at Cookie and PawPaw's or camping or on vacation.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Brilliant!! Structured time with your kids. I'm going to borrow that philosophy! Maybe we should just go ahead and claim one-day-per-week (or every-other-week) as a playdate day? Think about it. Chick-Fil-A will happen. And, one more reason I love you...you sang School's Out For Summer. My dad sings that to me EVERY last day of school for the last 11 years!!