Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I like toast!

About 4 months ago I had the opportunity to admire my friend Sarah's wall of frames for the first time. She has a beautiful display of amazing pictures on this wall and I became inspired.

Not inspired in the way that causes immediate action. But inspired.

Fast forward to today. I called my friend and told her it was time. Mind you, I have talked to her SEVERAL times about the wall of frames, asking questions and formulating my plans. But today the inspiration required action.

I headed out to the hardware store that promises to help me do it and they believe that I can (their commercial says so) and bought some paint for the wall that is going to undergo the transformation to greatness. At which point I called Sarah to ask her where I should go for frames cause Target and Hobby Lobby weren't cutting it. She suggested Fancy Pants Frame Store and even better news was they were having the one cent sale and I didn't even need a coupon - I could get the deal just for showing up.

We attempted to do this monumental task with our 3 kids - what were we thinking??? After Karsen tooted and blamed it on Margaret, Sarah got angry and insisted that I take them home. (Just kidding - about Sarah being angry - Karsen really did toot and blame! Gross and Rude!) Sarah suggested we meet up later that evening when daddys were home and could parent (notice I didn't say babysit - cause it is their job, too, people - they are not babysitters) the kids.

We got the 20 frames I needed but all of that is just background information because guess what?

NO - we didn't see KJ there.

But Rebekah met up with us AND they invited me to go to Wal~Mart with them. Sure they were lingering by their cars and waited until I drove off and talked it over before calling me and asking if I wanted to go with them BUT they invited me none the less and it was fun.

Want to know the best part?

Rebekah spotted this in the parking lot at Wal~Mart!

We took our picture with it using Sarah's camera phone so hopefully you can see it soon here.

And to think, just yesterday I was mowing the yard and playing in the kiddie pool. I'm just saying... this has been an amazing day and there wasn't even free mascara involved.

7 comments:

KJ Druyvesteyn said...

Well, darn it, I couldn't see the pics of Sarah at Walmart.

I will look forward to the update for this blog which I'M SURE will consist of a photo of the said wall, right? Very exciting.

Yesterday, I had "loser day" around the house and we just concentrated on the big event--LANDON CRAWLING--with only one sad, pathetic trip to Kroger. BUT, just know that I will be out and about today. Maybe there will be a sighting?

Rebekah said...

While Jennifer did not get any free mascara, I scored 4 free bottles of Loreal Pro Vive and two free packages of Schick men's razors. So, it was a extra special day for me!

Jennifer said...

I made all of the links work now. Clearly I was not doing it correctly last night. It was probably because I was subconsciously upset about Rebekah not sharing her mascara or that we didn't see KJ...

Sarah said...

Jennifer...I choose not to think that you were upset about the mascara deals but rather than you were still shaking about how excited you were about seeing the toaster car.
Readers: Jennifer is in the process of creating QUITE a frame wall. It is going to be bea-u-ti-ful. Let's all cross our fingers and hope for a cool before and after picture.
Also, Wal-Mart is way fun late at night with your girlfriends.

KJ Druyvesteyn said...

Really? It is fun late at night? I have always thought that Walmart sucks--no matter the hour. Hmmm....mental note to self...

The Robertson Family said...

I cannot believe you saw the toaster car!! I am so jealous. (I would be more jealous if you had seen KJ, of course). I bet in this heat, it really will make toast.

Picture of completed wall is mandatory!

Jeremy said...

That's it. If I ever have a band, I'm naming it Toast Car.

Heck, if I ever have a son, I'm naming him Toast Car.